So simple, yet so profound.
- Three day weekends are really nice. Spent most of it cleaning up the apartment in preparation of the little guy and lying in bed reading David Eddings’ Belgariad and Malloreon series. Read The Belgariad Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. Now I’m working my way through The Malloreon Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. I never got around to reading The Malloreon before, so it’s been a fun read. I can usually get through one of the novels in about six hours or so. The novels employ a few heavily repeated catch phrases for each character and situation.
- I’ve started logging my listening habits to last.fm.
- Finally got around to purchasing some Johnny Cash after saying I needed to do it about 1000 times. Picked up The Essential Johnny Cash and At Folsom Prison.
- Kept up to date with Dojo for our trunk and pulled dijit core into our build.
- Still working on DnD for the tree.
- Added a drag threshold, so a drag only starts when you’ve moved the pointer 5px or more.
- Actually have drag events starting now, just need to start working on calculating drop targets, update the avatar, and actually do the drop.
- Michael Reichmann released the California segment of the latest Luminous Landscape Video Journal. I was very happy to see him move to digital distribution of the LLVJ, and to see the corresponding price drop. The series is definitely worth a look if you like photography. The California segment just reminded me how much I loved the redwood forests and the Big Sur / Mendocino area… Got to get back there soon.
- An underage girl who has an account on flickr just found out that a self-portrait she took back when she was 14 is now being used on the cover of a porn DVD. Raising kids in the time of the intertubes is going to be interesting.
- I’d always wondered what would happen if you tried to buy a ton of Sudafed now that they’re all paranoid about it. Apparently someone decided to find out.