Long days and pleasant nights are upon us.
- DDD/NY was a ton of fun!
- It was great to see Alex and Chris again and meet and hang out with the rest of the Dojo crew!
- IBM has one fancy building on Madison Ave. For such a fancy building, the internet access was spotty at best. No official guest network and some router on the network we were using was really really flaky.
- People are building some cool shit on Dojo. Everything from really fancy one-pagers to subtle enhancements to existing apps. I’ll see if I can dig up some links.
- Dijit (the new name for the widget project) is way better than I thought. I think we use a few of the new widgets in the redesign pretty easily…
- Looks like we’re going to be one of the first big ports to 0.9. Fun. :)
- Figured out a way to run layered builds and still have things work sans-a-build for devs. Need an enhancement to the build system to allow you to specify the output location of the layer file.Today, you just say
name: "mylayer.js", but we really need to be able to say
name: "bl.mylayer.js"and have it go in the
- Went with Alex, Neil and two others (I’m so freaking bad with names) out to the Belmont Lounge for drinks. Good mojitos and great conversations…
- Pictures coming…
- Alex has a good writeup.
- Some friends of ours threw a baby shower for Mandy on Sunday. Thanks to everyone for coming and the well wishes, advice, and support. And thanks for all the great swag. :)
- Took a few street shots in NYC walking back and forth from Grand Central to the IBM building on Madison Ave. Only had one person ask me not to take a photo (shop owner), and got a few decent shots. Just need to find my card reader… I missed my camera.