Rhubarb season is upon us.
- Make a very tasty, very tart rhubarb crisp for dessert tonight. I loves the rhubarb.
- Big meaty porting is still happening.
- Most of dojo.dom is gone, so I’m having to pull some stuff into the bl namespace, or rethink how we’re doing a couple things. Walking the DOM element by element is pretty slow, so I’m moving more to dojo.query for most things. Need to dig into that a bit more and see if there’s a way to shortcut the results after the first one has been found.
- Refactoring lots of our code, replacing convenience methods with inline code where it makes sense. For example, having removeClass and replaceClass is a bit silly when
remove("foo")is really just
replace("foo", ""). Also had a bunch of overlapping methods in DOM code that I’m consolidating.
- Console test runner is working again. Yay! Need to get that integrated with our build in some way.
- Most of the porting is pretty straight string replacement (
dojo.connect), but I’m having a good time cleaning up a bunch of old stuff along the way. Can’t wait to finish up and get numbers on how many bytes we’re saving.
- Tried to install Mono using MacPorts, but it’s hanging while trying to build ilasm.exe:
MONO_PATH="../class/lib/net_2_0_bootstrap:$MONO_PATH" /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/ _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_devel_mono/ work/mono-188.8.131.52/runtime/mono-wrapper ../class/lib/net_2_0_bootstrap/mcs.exe /codepage:65001 /lib:../class/lib/net_2_0_bootstrap /r:../class/lib/net_2_0_bootstrap/PEAPI.dll /r:Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.dll /r:Mono.Security.dll -d:NET_1_1 -d:BOOTSTRAP_NET_2_0 -debug -target:exe -out:ilasm.exe ILParser.cs @ilasm.exe.sources
- Update: Running the install again seemed to fix the issue, whatever it was. Might be that letting the laptop go to sleep while the compile is happening makes it angry? Either way, mono, mcs and gmcs are all working now.
- Getting excited to head down to NYC for DDD/NY.
- Food Report:
- Brunch: Bacon, egg & cheese whole wheat bagel and regular coffee
- Dinner: Chili con carne, baked ziti, cookies
- Dessert: RHUBARB CRISP