Is this classic? No.
Is it famous? Oh yes.
- Squeeze three limes and one lemon
- Put into a graduated containment vessel, like those fancy Oxo Good Grips ones
- Look at the amount. This is one part.
- Add one part good, but not great, tequila (I like Hornitos Reposado)
- Add one part Grand Marnier. No really.
- Add 1/4 part simple syrup (which for my purposes is one part sugar, one part water)
- Put in shaker.
- Pour into glasses, optimally lined with a nice sugar / salt / lime zest mixture. 2 parts salt, 1 part sugar, unknown but appropriate amount of lime zest.
Lately we’ve been using 3 parts juice, 3 parts tequilla, 2 parts GM, 1 part agave nectar. Even better.