Skip to the content
- People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.
- Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC – 531 BC)
- Slammed 0.9 back into trunk. Let the madness begin.
- Fixed a bunch of little bugs I’d missing during the port. Main culprits are dojo.publish needing an array for the second argument and missed transforms of
- Found a timing issue with application initialization and squashed it. Async application initialization is … tricky. Especially when you have things chained together using dojo.subscribe / publish. All sorts of stuff starts happening all over the application due to init, kinda like dominos. But async.
- Saw a 50% reduction in overall code size with the port from Dojo 0.4.2 -> 0.9. So. Happy.
- Chip got a buildbot working that automatically builds the codebase and publishes it to the test site, and we can trigger it from the IRC channel. Freaking sweet. Just need to get it running the unit / smoke tests and I’d be super geeked. This is a great start though. Automated builds (and tests) FTW!
- I’m realizing I have a routine. I need a better routine. One that involves exercise.
- Attended a breastfeeding class with Mandy and learned a lot of stuff. I wasn’t sure how much I was going to get out of it, but it was good to hear about what going to happen and what the pitfalls are. As one of the women in the class said, it seems like it would be so easy, but there’s really a bit of a trick to it.
- Hopefully get to play golf a bit this weekend and better the 87 I opened with at MacGregor.