- A Nice Little Feature I Forgot To Mention
- Every shop needs a trap door
- Source Code Pro
- Lovely new coding from from Adobe. Open source even.
- Ubuntu Time Machine Server for OS X Lion
- How to set up Ubuntu to pretend to be a TimeCapsule for OSX
- A wonderful little tool that will automatically open a SOCKS5 proxy and route all your web traffic through it when it detects you're on a unsecured wifi connection. Great for travel.
- Whiskey Barrel Adirondack Chair | Uncrate
- So @designtramp hasn't had a chance to build his chair yet. Wonder what he'll think of this cleverness
- Inge Druckrey: Teaching to See on Vimeo
- wow. watch this.
- Nice short intro to coding with RequireJS
- blackberry gin fizz | smitten kitchen
- Yum. I'm a sucker for gin fizz.
- 10.6: Add NFS Mounts using Disk Utility – Mac OS X Hints
- The weird trick that worked for me was to use the 'resvport' option when mounting the NFS share from OSX. Weird because the mount was exported using insecure, but adding resvport worked nonetheless.
- Code Review with Gerrit, a mostly visual guide
- Nice intro to using Gerrit
I upgraded my Ubuntu boxes to 8.04 last night and ran into but one issue: my SlimServer (now SqueezeCenter) would not start. Apparently I’m not the only one with this problem, and solution for now is to jam some more lines into your
/var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/ r, /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/my.cnf r, /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/mysql.startup rw, /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/mysql-error-log.txt rw, /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/squeezecenter-mysql.pid w, /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/squeezecenter-mysql.sock w, /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/MySQL/ r, /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/MySQL/** rwk,
According to the bug report, the installer is fixed in trunk, so with the next release (7.0.1?) this won’t be an issue.
Congrats to the Ubuntu guys for such a seamless upgrade! It was really smooth.