Skip to the content
- Geeky Fingernails / Doctor Who “Silence” manicure
- #DoctorWho "Silence" Manicure #NailArt
- A Tale of Animation Performance | CSS-Tricks
- On using translate() vs top/left for moving elements around. First I'd seen of using translate() to do designy type motion effects. Pretty neat.
- A Seasonal Tipple
- Plane's Milk of Amnesia. Basically, make at home Bailey's.
- You Are Not Your Code
- Thoughts from Sam Stephenson, creator of Prototype
- "jq is like sed for JSON data – you can use it to slice and filter and map and transform structured data with the same ease that sed, awk, grep and friends let you play with text."
- Auto Complete Mode – The most intelligent auto-completion extension for GNU Emacs
- Wow, an auto completion mode for emacs that actually seems to work. Worth a shot.
- Tom Blomfield: Making something people want – The GoCardless story
- "Most startups aren't competing with other startups; they're competing with no one giving a shit".
- Leaner Programmer Anarchy
- Longish talk on programming and using anarchy to get shit done
- Close Grain: With Phil Lowe At Topsfield Fair
- New blog post: with Phil Lowe at Topsfield Fair:
- Sickdesigner.com › Fun with Google Maps
- If you ever wanted to use Google Maps as the background of a website, this is how you can do it – via @sickdesigner
- How to Set Up a Bandsaw – Fine Woodworking Article
- How to Set Up a Bandsaw – Fine Woodworking Article a greater band saw setup video by Michael Fortune.
- Photo Album – Imgur
- Some very upsetting images here:
- IPython: Python at your fingertips
- A video introduction to iPython, a wonderful REPL and more for Python
- A Nice Little Feature I Forgot To Mention
- Every shop needs a trap door
- Source Code Pro
- Lovely new coding from from Adobe. Open source even.
- Ubuntu Time Machine Server for OS X Lion
- How to set up Ubuntu to pretend to be a TimeCapsule for OSX
- A wonderful little tool that will automatically open a SOCKS5 proxy and route all your web traffic through it when it detects you're on a unsecured wifi connection. Great for travel.
- Whiskey Barrel Adirondack Chair | Uncrate
- So @designtramp hasn't had a chance to build his chair yet. Wonder what he'll think of this cleverness
backup, coding, design, fonts, layout, linkage, mac, programming, security, shop, socks5, sshtunnel, timecapsule, typography, ubuntu, wifi
- Inge Druckrey: Teaching to See on Vimeo
- wow. watch this.
- Nice short intro to coding with RequireJS
- blackberry gin fizz | smitten kitchen
- Yum. I'm a sucker for gin fizz.
- 10.6: Add NFS Mounts using Disk Utility – Mac OS X Hints
- The weird trick that worked for me was to use the 'resvport' option when mounting the NFS share from OSX. Weird because the mount was exported using insecure, but adding resvport worked nonetheless.
- Code Review with Gerrit, a mostly visual guide
- Nice intro to using Gerrit